Thursday 22 December 2011

Happy Holidays!

Christmas decorations a la Argentine...

 (Para leer en español sigue este enlace)
I am finally back in the Netherlands and though I have been easing myself back into my routine for the last week and I am now operating at 85% of my usual Dutch mode (I am still having difficulties thinking in Dutch so most of the time, when addressed in this language I am still replying in either Spanish or Italian), I haven't been able to post here again until now. Hopefully my Nederlandse chip will soon be fully operational and I will be back here with my stories and photographs.

Are you getting ready for the end of year celebrations? Our Christmas/New Year holiday will be very low-impact this year - my husband and I will be staying at home or visiting friends and sharing seasonal lekkere dingen (tasty things), nothing too exciting or adventurous. No big parties planned, no huge amounts of cooking (the Argies in Dutchland food feasts will resume as of next year) and no more faraway travels for us until 2012.

Usually at this time of the year I tend to feel a bit down, mostly because I am still trying to go back to my Dutch routine and life after a long stay in Argentina. Christmas away from your homeland and your dear ones is never easy; but don't get me wrong - I count my blessings, give thanks for them and normally try to make the most of it and enjoy the festivities like everyone else.

Before closing this post, I want to thank you all for stopping by to read, comment and share on From Argentina to the Netherlands, for Love! and to wish you a brilliant Christmas and an amazing New Year!

Happy Holidays, everyone! 

Let me share with you again this year, the season's greetings I received from my friend Nico: Santa or Papá Noel as we call him in Argentina, skating around the city of Rosario. I hope you like it!

10 comments:

titabuds said...

I remember this guy from one of your posts way back. So exuberant!
The husband & I will be going to our hometown for Christmas. We're bringing the dogs with us so I'm bracing myself for the 12-hour drive, waah.
Good for you that you're having a more relaxed holiday. :)
Merry Christmas to you, Aledys! Hugs from waaay over here. :)

Unknown said...

@titabuds,
Yes, I posted his 2010 video last year. You don't know HOW exuberant, actually! :D He is quite the character - and a good friend!
Good luck in your car trip with the dogs!
Happy holidays and thanks!!

Katie said...

My Spanish chip has been getting a workout, even here in the U.S., so I don't think I'll have too much of a shock upon returning to Argentina. I'm so glad you enjoyed lots of quality time with your family. I'm cherishing this special visit with my loved ones here in the U.S. Here's wishing you a very merry Christmas, Aledys! ¡Besos!

Unknown said...

@Katie,
I see!! No rest for your Spanish chip then :D
Enjoy this time with your family and friends and charge your batteries (cargá las pilas jeje) for the year ahead back in Arg.!
Merry Christmas!

Ana O'Reilly said...

Felices fiestas!

Anonymous said...

Prettige tweede kerstdag! I hope you've been enjoying your holidays, even if they're low-key. Ours have also been quiet, but still very enjoyable.

Unknown said...

@Ana,
Para vos también!!!

@oranjeflamingo,
Yes, I have! It's been a quiet but lovely holiday!

Anita said...

Aledys, thanks for yoru words in one of my last posts. I am a bit late with comments on blogs and even with a post myself. Sorry ! Luckily it's time to wish you a wonderful 2012 !! Beijooooos !!!
P.S.: I am definitely going with hubby and kids to check the ice sculptures in January. I will inform you when we have a date, maybe we can mmet up in downtown ?

Unknown said...

I understand this feeling well - I hope your adjustment back to NL in 2012 begins with much happiness! Ik wens je een gezond en gelukkig nieuwjaar!

Unknown said...

@Anita,
Don't worry about not commenting earlier! You've been busy!
Let me know when you come to the Ijsbeeld Festival, if we're free, we can meet up downtown, sure!!

@Isabella,
Thanks a lot and Happy New Year for you too!!